The Brandr Group (TBG)
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
The Brandr Group is a brand management, marketing and licensing agency with broad experience and an expertise in sports. TBG partners with prominent brands, colleges, sponsors, corporate trademarks, athletes and events to cultivate, diversify and monetize intellectual property through professional brand management and licensing endeavors. The TBG team has decades of collective management experience for some of the world's largest brands.
When it comes to licensing, The Brandr Group manages and administers the group rights licensing program on behalf of active professional athletes, developing business through group player rights in college for the NFL Players Association (NFLPA), National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) and Major League Baseball Players Association (MLBPA). With years of experience in group rights licensing, we were uniquely positioned to quickly become the industry leading agency in Student-Athlete group rights licensing for college. This program is a new and exciting opportunity for student athletes to monetize their name, image and likeness in conjunction with University/intellectual property through licensing deals involving multiple student-athletes.
About the Opportunity
The Brandr Group is looking for a self-motivated and detail oriented individual to join our Licensing team. The Licensing team is tasked with ensuring every stage of the group rights licensing process is administered to best position licensees to go to market to serve our student athletes. The Licensing Specialist will help administer the group rights licensing process from start to finish. Additionally, this position will be involved in TBG’s other NFLPA, NBPA, MLBPA and Topgolf programs.
The ideal candidate is willing to learn the ins and outs of the entire group rights licensing program, and work directly with TBG staff and licensees to execute licensing programs that ultimately make it to retail. With a focus on teamwork and a passion for sports licensing, this individual is hands-on and ready to jump in where needed.
How Your Role Will Operate
• Responsible for administering processes for the group rights licensing program
• Work with athlete relations team to monitor student athlete group licensing agreement opt-in status
• Review artwork submitted by licensee partners in a timely fashion
• Assist the development and execution of licensee deal term sheets and master agreements
• Execute day-to-day administration of licensee accounts
• Function as a systems expert and technical communications resource
• Develop relationships and open communication with internal staff
• Provide training/assistance to licensees for licensing requirements
• Field inbound licensee outreach
• Assist in tracking / ensuring proper reporting and payments from licensees
• Delivery quarterly royalty reports to schools where we have collaboration agreements and to players we represent
• Assist in identifying prospective licensees
• 1-2 years of related experience
• Highly adaptable individual who embraces change and knows how to pivot when confronted with new challenges
• Enjoy contributing to a team in several facets
• Communicate clearly and concisely about both technical and non-technical subject matter
• Be excited about working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving industry -- and be comfortable with ambiguity
• Demonstrate strong follow-through and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once
• Exhibit a passion for providing exceptional customer service